loading
I am currently looking for someone to help out with this blog. I didn't realize the scope that this blog would effect. Hits from countries in political strife and the like, people looking for a way to communicate outside of government control. If you would like to help please send me an email George dot Endrulat at Gmail dot Com.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ask Ars: which image services might commercialize my photos?

Ask Ars: which image services might commercialize my photos?: "




In 1998, Ask Ars was an early feature of the newly launched Ars Technica. Now, as then, it's all about your questions and our community's answers. Each week, we'll dig into our question bag, provide our own take, then tap the wisdom of our readers. To submit your own question, see our helpful tips page.




Q: I heard about Twitpic commercializing user-uploaded photos and became curious. There are alternatives out there, but what are the chances they all have similar terms of service? Is there any service that isn't my own website that won't commercialize my photos? Is this just a standard agreement, or what?



You're correct about Twitpic commercializing user photos: the company recently announced that it was the 'exclusive photo agency partner' of the World Entertainment News Network (WENN). This agreement allows WENN to sell images uploaded to Twitpic and to pursue copyright action against parties who try to use those images commercially without authorization.


Read the rest of this article...






Read the comments on this post



"


No comments:

Post a Comment